A company should always have a sound Recruitment Policy and it should be strictly adhered too. A company invests its time, resources and money in Employing a person, and any loophole will certainly increase the cost of recruitment and overall functionality of the company. Check out a General Recruitment Policy that can be adapted by any company.
Recruitment Policy & Process
- To streamline the Recruitment process,
- To ensure that we always hire the RIGHT people at RIGHT role at RIGHT time, and
- Also to thrive a strong Employer Branding to attract the best talents available in the Industry
- Scope: Covers all the vacant positions across the functions, levels & hierarchy.
To enable HR to initiate the hiring process at any point of time during the year, the respective HOD / functional heads need to follow the below-mentioned steps –
- Fill-up a ‘Manpower Requisition Form (MRF)’ (Refer Annexure I)
- Get the MRF approved by the concerned approving authorities
- Forward the approved MRF to HR
- Recruitment Quality Norm:
In today’s knowledge driven business scenario, People are perceived as the most valuable assets of an organization and the optimum utilization of the skill, knowledge, attitude, they posses, are directly instrumental to the growth of any organization.
Therefore, while recruiting a candidate for any role, position, level, function, it should always be ensured that there is no compromise in the quality of people, we hire.
- Besides checking the presence of role-specific key competencies & the behavioral attributes required to perform a job, few basic eligibility criteria should be considered, even before a candidate is called for the Initial rounds of Interviews –
- Academic Qualification: Minimum Graduate (Recognized University) for all positions in Band I to Band II, and there should not be any unjustified gaps in education.
- Psychometric / General Intelligence test: All the short-listed candidates all positions in Band I to Band II should be run through a Psychometric / General Intelligence test and candidates qualifying this test would be eligible for the next rounds of tests / interviews.
- Reference check: Reference check is MUST for all recruitment and HR should always ensure that Reference check is done before extending the offer to a selected candidate.
Candidates selected after rounds of tests/Interviews would be asked to provide the names & contact details of at least 3 persons as his/her Professional References, and HR would contact these references and the comments & remarks of the referees would be documented and preserved for future records.
- Internal Recruitment:
- As a conscious focus of the organization to nurture high potential talents by providing them suitable career growth opportunities within the organization, efforts would always be made to fill in specific vacancies from it’s existing human resource pool.
- The entire process would be done through Internal Job Posting (IJP) and communication including the job profile, candidate profile, eligibility (who can apply), application deadline etc. would be made available by HR
- Employees possessing necessary skills, knowledge and experience matching with those required for the job may apply through the appropriate communication channels as prescribed in the IJP.
- Recruitment Sources:
To ensure a steady in-flow of quality candidates for all the existing vacant positions, with an aim to select the best within a stringent recruitment deadline, HR would always focus to develop a robust database of CVs searched from the following sources –
- Existing CV database (Created & Maintained by HR)
- E-Recruitment portals (CV d/base access, Regular Job posting)
- Vacancy Advertisement in Newspapers
- Market Intelligence, Personal Network, and Head hunting
- Hiring Consultants (Mostly for Sr. & Middle level critical positions)
· Compensation Proposals, Negotiation & issuing the offer letters:
HR prepares the compensation proposals based on the below-mentioned critical attributes and gets those approved in writing by the concerned authorities before extending to the candidates
- Academic & Professional qualification of the respective candidates
- Experience Profile
- Existing Compensation & benefits
- Market synergy
- Internal Role-wise compensation study to maintain the equity
- HR extends the proposals to the candidates who get selected after final round of Interviews and negotiates to close those.
Once the candidates agree to the proposals &intimate their acceptance, HR sends out the formal offer letter, duly approved & signed by the concerned authority.
· Offer letter check list –
HR should make sure that all the below-listed documents are received & checked thoroughly before issuing the formal offer letters –
- Approved Manpower Requisition form (MRF)
- Resume (hardcopy) of the candidate
- Interview Assessment sheet (Filled up with specific recommendations by the concerned Interviewers)
- Reference checks details (documented in the specified format)
- Compensation Proposal (Existing package & the proposed plan, duly approved by the concerned Authority)
· Recruitment Cycle Time:
To bring in more dynamism and effectiveness in the recruitment process, HR would follow a specific project deadline of 33 days (from the day it had received the approved Manpower Requisition) to hire a new employee.
The process specific schedule break-up is mentioned below –
||Role Identification, JD, competency mapping & CV Sourcing||15 days|
||Initial HR screening / short-listing||2 days|
|Organizing the Preliminary Interviews||4 days|
|Organizing the Final Interviews||4 days|
|De-briefing sessions to take the final decisions||2 days|
||Preparing the Salary Proposal, Negotiate with the selected candidates & offer closure||6 days|
· Joining Formalities
HR creates Employee E Mail ID & sends out the ‘New Hire Notice’ & the ‘Welcome Note’
· The new hire should submit the following docs on DOJ itself
1. Signed & Accepted copy of the offer letter
2. Photocopy of all the educational/professional certificates
3. Date of Birth proof (SSC Admit card / Passport / Driving License etc)
4. 6 passport size photographs
5. Service Certificate ‘or’ Relieving letter, clearly mentioning the date of Separation in it, from the last employer
6. Monthly Pay-slip of at least 2 months / Salary Certificate showing the salary details of the last employment.
Make sure that the following forms are filled up and sent to HR on DOJ itself –
Completed Salary / Savings Account Form
Completed Visiting Card Requisition Form
All the statutory forms, like PF & Gratuity declaration, Nomination
· Hand him over the Induction Manual
Take the new hires through the office to all the departments, introduce them to other Functional leaders, peers, colleagues
Finally, introduce the new hires to the respective Reporting Managers, to start the functional orientations
HR receives the Induction feedback from both the trainer as well as from the new hires & keeps a track of learning & performances of the new hires.