Format: Appointment Letter for Permanent Employment
When you are appointing an Employee on a permanent Basis, use this format on your Company Letterhead.
Dated : 2th Aug 2011
Name Sameera Kashyap
Address # 1552, Gulmohar Avenue,
Contact : 9000000009
“XYZ Group welcomes you to our innovative and dynamic team”
This letter details the terms & conditions which will apply to your employment.
You are employed by the Company in the role of Designation in Department with XYZ Group at Address or at any other reasonable location required by the Company w.e.f. 5th Aug 2011.
The company may re-assign you at any time to an equivalent role for which the Company judges you to be suitably qualified and experienced, either within the Company or on secondment to any related company.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, your assignment (or subsequent re-assignment) within the Company, its related bodies corporate or other specified entities will continue on the terms and conditions of this contract. Any re-assignment will not constitute termination of this contract or your employment with the Company.
Hours of Work
The ordinary weekly hours of employment will be a minimum of 48 hours but from time to time you may be required to work additional unpaid hours that are reasonably required to fulfill your duties The timings of office would starts at 9.30 A.M.& ends at 6.30 P.M. and in case of being late a written explanation should be given for record purposes.
Your CTC (cost to the Company) will be Two Lac Forty Thousand Per Annum. Annexure Attached.
Your performance will be reviewed at least annually. As part of the appraisal your key performance criteria will be measured. List of Your Key Responsibilities is given in annexure I
Under this agreement you shall:
- Give the whole of your time, ability and attention in normal working hours to the business and affairs of the Company
- Observe and comply with the provision set out in any written policy, practice or procedure.
- Strictly no freelancing is allowed. You can only undertake outside work with the written permission of your manager.
- You will abide by the rules and regulations of the Company as may be in force from time to time.
- This is a position of continuous responsibility and does not entail payment of extra time or overtime.
- If you fail to report for work for more than Seven (7) days without justifiable reasons, yours employment shall be terminated forthwith
- During the period of your employment, you will work honestly, faithfully, diligently and efficiently for the growth of the company. You are expected to maintain utmost secrecy in regard to the affairs of the company and shall keep confidential any information, instruments, documents etc., relating to the company that may come to your professional knowledge as an employee of the company.
- You have to sign an affidavit in case you are provided with any of the company’s asset & you shall abide by all the terms of the affidavit.
Pre Conditions to Employment with the Company
Your employment with the Company is contingent upon your present or previous employers releasing you from any advance notice of resignation as well as any restrictive and non-competition covenants which may affect or restrict the scope and obligations of your employment with the Company as determined by the Company. The relieving/resignation acceptance letter from your previous organization has to be submitted on your joining the company. Any extension of the same will require a formal approval from your reporting authority, which in case should happen before disbursement of your first monthly salary.
This letter of appointment is based on the information furnished in your application for employment and during the interviews you had with us. If, at any time in future, it comes to light that any of this information is incorrect or any relevant information has been withheld, then your employment is liable to be terminated without notice. Your appointment is subject to satisfactory reference checks and clearance from any secrecy/ service agreements that you may have executed, which could have a bearing on your working with us.
This contract between you and the Company relating your employment with the Company replaces, supersedes and cancels all other oral and written understanding and agreements between you and the Company that may have existed prior to the date of this contract.
No Competition and Confidentiality during Employment
Under this agreement you shall not:
- Be directly or indirectly concerned or interested in any firm, Client, corporation or entity involved in the conduct of or preparation for, any business in competition with, or of a similar nature to, any business for the time being carried out by the Company.
- Disclose or use any confidential information of any kind including, without limitation, any formula, process, method of manufacture, trade secret, record, data, mailing lists, customer lists, or any information concerning the business affairs or customers of the Company which may come to your knowledge, except for disclosure or use in the proper course of your duties. Except to the extent that you may be required to disclose information by law or by the requirements of any regulatory body.
- You acknowledge that by accepting this offer, you will not violate the term of any agreement applicable to you, and that you will not utilize or make available to us any confidential or proprietary information of any third party or violate any obligation with respect to such information.
Confidentiality after Employment Ceases
You agree that after the termination of your employment under this contract you will keep confidential and refrain from disclosing any confidential information of the kind referred to in the “No Competition and Confidentiality during Employment” requirements detailed above.
- Either the Company or you may terminate this agreement by giving One Month’s notice to the other party, subject to compliance by the Company with all employment laws and regulations.
- The Company may immediately terminate your employment without pay if you are guilty of gross misconduct, persistent and willful neglect of duty, failure to obey a lawful and reasonable direction of the Company.
- The Company may choose to provide you with payment of your remuneration in lieu of such period of notice.
- No leaves shall be entertained during the notice period (unless specifically approved by the director).
- You will be relieved only after proper handover of your work.
- You must provide full support to the person chosen as your replacement by giving him full details of your work. With this you must inform all the persons officially associated with you, by the way of mails, Calls, personal meetings or SMS that you are leaving the company & also introduce them with your replacement, failing to which you will not be provided relieving letter.
That in case of disputes arising between you & Employer under this appointment letter during or after completion of contract shall be referred to arbitration Chandigarh Jurisdiction.
Please confirm your acceptance of the above terms and conditions by signing this below and returning to the Company.
We appreciate your entrepreneurial instincts and welcome your decision to join this organization. We are sure that you will not only contribute in your field of expertise but also be a key part of the overall growth at XYZ Group
We are sure together we will make it happen.
With Best Wishes
Acceptance by Employee
I have read, understood & accepted the offer of Employment set out as above